Thursday, January 8, 2015

January 8, 2014 - Yvonne DeCarlo's 8th Deathaversary

Today marks 8 years since Lily Munster passed away.


"I'm going into the kitchen and see to it that the cheese dip doesn't crawl out of the dish."

I wrote Yvonne a fan letter, she sent me this photograph.


Yvonne was in failing health, living in the Motion Picture Country Home in Woodland Hills, CA


It's there that she passed away on January 8, 2007

Son Bruce was apparently with Yvonne when she died.  In her final moments, according to Bruce, Yvonne looked to him and said, "What's happening to me?" He told her to go to the light. She replied, "Okay, I am" and died. 

Cause of Death:  gangrene of the bowel
meseneric artery occlusion
arteriosclerosis


Upon the news of her death, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce put a batch of flowers on Yvonne's star on the dilapidated money spinner, The Hollywood Walk of Fame


One of the favorite moments in my life, sitting in the Munster Mobile


More Yvonne details on Findadeath



1 comment:

  1. Yvonne DeCarlo brought so much entertainment to us all. She sure kept Herman, Grandpa, and Little Eddie in line...

    ReplyDelete