Sunday, January 4, 2015

January 4, 2015 Double Deathaversary Violet and Daisy Hilton

On this date in 1969, the conjoined twins - ugh, I have being PC - the Siamese Twins Violet and Daisy Hilton double died.


Happy 46th Deathaversary!

People are becoming more familiar with them because of the current season of 
American Horror Story Freak Show


Love the show.   LOVE.  The twins are great but not as great as the real deal.

Violet and Daisy were born in England with one birth certificate.


After going through years of abuse, financial woes, bizarre love stories, being the toast of society  and ending up as as supermarket checkers at a Park-N-Shop in Charlotte North Carolina... the word "fascinating" doesn't even touch how I feel about them.

When they died there were two death certificates.



One grave.

Thanks Cathy and Dave Bradford 

More deathy detail on Findadeath

A great documentary has been made about the girls.  I recommend it.   It's on Netflix.





2 comments:

  1. I watched the documentary today, it's a fascinating story for sure. I really expected their life to be more tragic. I had no idea they were as popular and well paid as they were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From this angle, it doesn't like it would have been a problem separating them. I guess I'll have to read the write-up on findadeath.

    ReplyDelete